ATLANTA, GA — Two more Atlanta police officers have been fired for using excessive force on two college students. Officers Lonnie Hood and Armond Jones were fired Wednesday, reports WSB.
Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard announced June 2 that six police officers face criminal charges after the arrest of two students from Spelman and Morehouse College in May. The students, 20-year-old Spelman College student Taniyah Pilgrim and 22-year-old former Morehouse College student Messiah Young, were captured on camera being surrounded by Atlanta police right before they were tased and pulled out of their vehicle.
The charges announced by Howard are as follows:
- Ivory Streeter: Aggravated assault on Pilgrim (used taser); pointing or aiming a gun on Young
- Mark Gardner: Aggravated assault on Pilgrim (used taser)
- Lonnie Hood: Aggravated assault on Young (used taser); aggravated assault and simple battery on Pilgrim (used taser)
- Willie Sauls: Aggravated assault on Pilgrim (pointed taser); criminal damage to property (car)
- Armond Jones: Aggravated battery of Young (forcefully thrown unto paved street); pointing or aiming a gun at Young
- Roland Claud: Criminal damage to property (car)