Ceiling fan malfunction sparks house fire in Danville, VA

Ceiling fan malfunction sparks house fire in Danville, VA

A fire that started from a ceiling fan damaged a Danville home overnight.

Firefighters responded to the fire at a home on the 100 block of Pearl St. around 12:25 a.m. Tuesday.

Although crews were quickly able to extinguish the fire, the home has moderate structural damage as well as water damage in one room.

Investigators determined that the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction.

No one was hurt.